Skip to main content
HELLO PEOPLE !!! Well, at some point, I find that I am obligated to provide feedback as to what is or has been going on with me because I've been away for so damn long !

I've had

1. Introduction to Economics

My 2nd attempt, I'm sure I'm doing much better than previous attempt; 12/100. I gave up because it was my last paper. I had 2months hospitalization leave then for my surgery

2. Principles of Sociology

My 1st attempt, I did up the notes for section B and C, 50marks and only had 2 hrs to swallow them down. Needless to say I went blank. This is a retake for sure.

3. Financial Management

One of the worst paper the examiner ever set. 3 out of 4 quantitative questions were unseen or unheard of. I had to force myself to do 2 qualitative questions. I need real luck to scrap through on this one.

4. Financial Reporting

The magnitude for coverage is epic, my notes are all over, incomplete, missing questions only with solutions. I skipped the most lessons for this module, hope to smoke it through on Wed

5. Audit & Assurance

I've done up the notes and spot the questions, hope luck is on my side. The crap part is that I have a paper that ends at 6pm and this paper is the next day at 10am. Sigh ~

Looking at the papers, It'll be miracle to clear 4/5 or even 3/5. I really want to get econs over and out. My attendance has been barely 60% for this year, most of it courtesy of National Service recalls, laziness and work commitment. For the better part of year 1, I was able to self study, many told me self study is impossible when taking LSE exams, I had a bit of edge being a Dip in investment graduate hence cleared my year 1, with the exception of econs of course. Nonetheless, year 2 has proved why LSE has been and always been in the top 40 rankings of the world. It's impossible to self study.

1. You have to decipher the British way of phrasing or explaining content.
2. The quality of lecture notes are really absurd, many a times you require to cross reference to study guide.
3. The level of difficulty, well at least in my course of study, cannot be easily absorbed on your own.

I'm taking Accounting & Finance by the way.
So, I will be taking an extra year to complete my degree, and spend an exuberant amount of money just to complete this piece of trash.

I only have myself to blame, complacency has been a BFF for me, skipping class, not forcing myself to focus in class ...

===========

Many may have wonder as to the "happy-go-lucky" mood, in the midst of such a catastrophic meltdown to one's life, or rather to MINE.

If you've read enough, you'd know how much I want and how far I am away and how much a degree would put me in a better position or rather a better class degree is what I need.

I'm out of words, not out of thoughts...

==========

The only consolation is
.
.
.

I've been awarded a permanent position at my workplace, with quite a good raise, about 20%, if lucky, could rise to 25%. It may seem like a hefty chunk of cashflow in. They come at a price, price of my failure in academics. And cost of education ain't cheap, close to SGD9,000 a year... Financial position at home isn't stable as well so the increment will come in handy when things start to break down, like our fridge -__________- recently. The A/C is coughing hard, the washing machine is yelling all the time and my PC has went through 2 heart by-pass surgery and a change of heart early this year $_$

So life has it's ups and downs, from here on, the choices are limited and the path is fixed. I'll try to brave through it once more...

I would not be as "naive" as before and yelling I am going to do this, I will be doing that.
The higher the expectations, the harder the fall ya know, and the pain ...

So well, year 2 is coming to a close, just like Liverpool's awful season, a good period to recharge during the break and to be responsible enough to. . .

==============

Oh, and amidst these painful events, an enlightenment appeared. I ought to treat my parents and my grandparents a WHOLE LOT BETTER !

Not that I am an unfilial brat but I'm the exact opposite! I've always known how great my mum is but I never really had much chance to really treat her well, my dad too of course. I've been really rough on my dad in recent years because well, I expect much of him, he has always been my idol, model ... but he's getting old, really ...

Putting all the unhappiness, anger, desire, envious on the lack of material possessions away and ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat