Skip to main content

Friends.

Just got home at 11:30pm, it's Tuesday, tomorrow's Wednesday and I have to work. My job demands me to be 100% focus, I'm a high paying data entry clerk, my responsibilities include timely and accurate entries of datas for regulatory/internal audit purpose.

Recently I've found out I've sleep apnea, in simple terms; sleep disorder. Usually caused by blockage of air-passage way, hence my quality of sleep is often low. Hence, I need to be in bed by 10pm, and I still feel sleepy at work.

Sleep apnea aisde, the gist about this entry is - Friends.

Friend: a favoured companion
Companion: one that keeps company with another

===========================

I am definitely not the best friend to have, I'll admit to that, I'm there but not there too, that's what most of my friends would say. It's quite sad to hear actually, I know it's normal to have expectations of friends, I do have them for most of my closer friends, else I can't be bothered.

Thing is, my time management skills kinda suck, with my sleep apnea and my current demanding work conditions, I am unable to spare most of my time, needless to say with school starting.

As people grow up, there are more of such responsibilities and expectations to fulfill. I know the way I am putting this across seem harsh and inhumane at best. I've always tried to "reason" things from it's raw-est form, neglecting emotions and looking at things from a much transparent perspective?

Anyway, I can say that I'm one lucky fucker, to have friends by my side all if not most of the time, I try to minimum give them back how much effort they put into our "relationship". Growing up, people would have your usual "hang-out" friends to your mentors and your soul-buddies, these are people who . . .

.
.
.

All i'm trying to say is, BALANCE, i've said it time and again to attain the absolute balance in life, is the hardest. As much as I want to spend time with my parents, grandparents, relatives etc.

When I was young, my dad was busy putting gold bars on the table, not food, he work his ass off so that I can live a life of a prince, barely see him at dinners, even when we are at the table, he's never there, his phone is always ringing and he's busy making money and making people look up to him. Now that we finally can have more time together to hang out, I really want to make good use of the time.

My grandpa passed away less than a year ago, right before I had my breakthrough with my "career" and had time and money to spare, he left, just like that, without letting me spend the remaining time with him. All i could do is make up for lost time with my remaining grandparents.

I've an uncle, also my god-father, he yearns for a son yet had 3 daughters, his daughters barely cares about him because of his "ill repute past", I'd like to spend time with him because ...

I've my god-mom ~ she's a lesbian, so I've 2 god mothers, i met her back when I first held a full time job, she taught me everything there is to know in my job, from dealing with people, to my bosses, the company's culture to even right now how life is. Whatever i need, I just had to ask, we had dinner last week and she knew I crave for pasta so she's inviting me over this weekend, again. I really want to do something for her or them, not just with money.

And then there are my friends, I'm really sorry if I've yet to be up to par, I'm trying. But I'm only human, please TRY to understand :(

Don't find time, make time....

I know, sometimes I'd just want a couple of hours for myself, to do things I want to do, be it a simple blog entry, a simple dvd, watching a game, reading a book or just lying there doing nothing. Life is tough, in Singapore I say... there's always Tokyo, Seoul, New York and Hong Kong to tell me what's really tough about life.

I guess i was wrong, growing up is something I should've never yearn for >_<
The usual, "be careful what you wished for =P"

I'm sorry to those who felt left out or that I'm always not there, I'm trying, for realz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat