Skip to main content

Wonder Girls Wonder World Tour Singapore 2012

Life - Fan Account :: 8 October 2012

Foreword.

Being an active craz[3]d fanboy for the better part of 2010 - 2011 was one of the moments never to forget. As time goes by and people grow up or grow old, some things just have to be put aside. I tried so hard, with all my might, to put all the memories, the cds, the posters and everything else, stack em in a box.


----



About 6 weeks back, whene the Wonder World Asia Tour was announced, my heart skipped a beat. I tried to use my head instead of my heart, still my heart took over, I was so desperate for a full concert, to have a taste of how's the full concert like. Singfest wasn't the best, the showcase was simply awesome.

That day finally came.

Anxiety filled my head instead of anticipation or excitement, ticket sales were barely half filled and most corporates were giving out free tickets, cheap tickets could be purchased online too.



Park Ye Eun is the reason I was there, rarely would she've let anyone know of her health unless she's in a really bad state. Right before the concert, she tweeted this :



Hmmmm?

Well, 7pm sharp, we're at the venue, I had my Park Ye Eun lightboard, it says Ye Eun with a crown, indicating her "Queen" status amongst fan, a TH Wonderful scarf and my trusty camera.

JJ open the concert with 2 songs, bringing most of the fan girls to fever pitch, the "one" beside me was no exception yelling "Junior is so cute !!", warn her to stop screaming because she often have stamina issues; she'd be died before the Wonder Girls came on stage.

Winston melove was out of this world, his "Real, I can't be bothered" attitude was just charismatic; took out his earphones and simply put them on.

Finally the concert started, immediately I could feel like as though I'm in an unfarmiliar territory, alone. Not much fans were in the crowd, including the moss pit, at best 20% of the whole attendance. Chants and screams were barely audible, looking all around, there were little or no purple lightsticks or lightbaords, my heart sank, the girls DO NOT deserve such a pathetic stage. They are definitely worth more than that.



Highlight of the show, or rather, my most wanted segment, Park Ye Eun's solo, would've preferred her to do Smile instead of Hello to myself. Right before her performance, photo montage of Ye Eun's childhood photos were on screen, we did our best to call out to our Queen. The performance clearly indicated that she was in a really bad state of health, missing notes and keys, she went out of tune a couple of times, our heart sank.

Half way through the concert, you could see her face, in agony, she was breaking out in cold sweat, often left in a daze. I'd guess it'd be the meds effect which often left us weak and all. She missed her lines a couple of times and Yubin had to tap her to prompt her to move to her next dance position.

How am I suppose to enjoy the full concert with my one true love in agony, all we could do is cheer her on fully and let her know we are here to support her all the way.



If you think that's worst? During the performance of REAL, she almost fell off the 2+ metre stage, in the SIA kabaya (malay term for dress i think) she ran all the way to the edge of the T stage to throw sweets to the fans at the far side, she almost missed her footing and landed face down and I am not kidding. You should've been there to see the dancer's face, we were all shocked, the guard below had his hands up preparing to catch our beloved queen. That's not just it, she regain her balance, smiling and laughing the awkward moment off, took a few steps back and DID EXACTLY THE SAME, the dancer kept holding on to her with the guard below waving her away.

Someone asked me why did she had to throw it so far with all her might, I guess she simply knew. SG wonderfuls were at that section with their boards, it was the cheaper priced area, the queen would definitely want everyone to feel the love regardless the amount of money each of us had, that's just how she is, no other way to explain it, this is her as real as she gets, Perfect.

Back to the same performance, she went over to the other side of the stage and dropped her basket, a rattan basket. My point is, how heavy can it be to have her dropped it? She must be feeling real nasty, still her smiles were all over, bending over and picking up the sweets she spilled before throwing it to the fans.

Like money performance was one of the most heavily anticipated part for most fans, Singapore is the first ever location in the world to witness the performance in their concert, not even Korea had it. 10 - 20 seconds through the performance, Sun went straight to the back stage, my guess she had some issues with her mic. Sunye is the only person in the group, good enough to compete against Ye Eun when it comes to singing abilities, hence she had not just more lines but more vocal demanding portions. I was hoping Hyelim would've stepped up to fill in Sunye's role, knowing Ye Eun, she've no issues with people taking charge while in times of need, she'd just fill up the gaps. And yes, Ye Eun completed the demanding dance, her lines as well as most part of Sunye's before Sunye return 3/4 into the song.

Other reasons i've queued overnight or went crazy for tickets and all because our queen acknowledges our efforts, we've never demanded anything but she gave us everything. Secretly and discretely she has her ways of communicating with us, her smile, her gaze and her waves...

Many of you might think I'm crazy or that it's overboard etc. No one sums it up better than Mr Khoo Wai Soon: "Fuck these people, they will never ever understand any part of the things we felt or gone through with her" PERIOD.



Approaching the end of the concert, everyone in front were standing up and waving, our queen gave ME the 2nd best present ever, a flying kiss. I went crazy and kept jumping and Jan started jumping too like crazy mofos. Our queen's sight were fixed at us at this point and no body else, seeing his jumping she hop hop and gave any kiss at Jan's direction, we were estatic!!! People around were wondering what's wrong with us and what's with the craze, they'll never have a clue...

The concert ended, I thought I could do much more, if Thailand is true, I'm flying over.


===================

Afterword

I've stopped tweeting to the queen ever since my ridiculous encouter with ranting on social media, which almost cost me my job. Not that she had anything to do with it but, I've "privated" my twitter, which meant she'd have to follow me inorder to read my messages. Twitter has been my ranting grown ever since, a channel for me to channel my negative angsty energy to.

I've taken it down, right now, my twitter is no longer private :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, meeting you, made me feel madly in love again, it just felt like I'm in love or I want to be in love, the butterflies in my stomach, my exploding heart . . .


I miss you Park Ye Eun

Comments

Anonymous said…
SAD SAD .... and another SAD! Hope she recovers quickly and I am glad that you all showed her the support and love that she deserves - endlessly!

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat