Skip to main content

27 - Official™

2 & 7, my favourite numbers. I've never gotten 1st in class before, I was 2nd in the whole cohort but also 2nd in my class, how's that? And the number 7? Fandi Ahmad, our Singapore football legend's number was 17 but the whole class was always after that number hence, 7.

That was before David Beckham had the number which is also coincedentally the number my all time favourite LFC player Steve Mcmanaman's number.

Anyway, into the 22nd hr of my my 27th year on earth, I was born at 2am if I remember correctly aha, just wish to give thanks and give a brief update thus far. Been some time since I've blogged so here goes ~~

Actually I don't really know where to start, the year started with a bang, a nice new contract with 4 digit increment, a 40" TV and more positives with the "forecasts" for 2014.

Recent turmoil in office has benefited me, I'm offered a permanent position with Deutsche Bank which, I gallantly and respectfully declined; citing reasons that there are better candidates and that my focus is on my school, also that I will still be able to contribute to the team irregardless of my conversion. Still, my Director, with their hidden-agendas, required myself to convert, thus the ball is back with me. I've since accepted the role as any other choice would've left me to be eaten alive in the ruthless environment.






It is truly great news to be honest, many have yearn for the position, studied and fought for it for I only needed to perform my usual and was given. Permenent placement would meant that I will have 18 annual leaves instead of the usual 14, 5 days of study leaves, a "flex benefit" which allows me to purchase anything of S$600/annum susceptible by tax as well as a performance bonus at the end of the financial year. I will also get a raise from my current mediocre 48k per annum to 56 - 60k per annum.


For work wise, I will need to take in about 15% more than what I'm doing, excluding the fact that my information source is gone. My dearest buddy and partner in crime, he's the brain and I'm the muscle, hence I'm able to excel. I've said it time and again but the company will never acknowledge his efforts nor will they feel his absence for they are cultivated to be numb to losses like that.

Looking at it objectively, one might start saying that I'm crazy or I'm being such a prick. I'm just being me, Happy. I'm happy as it is, this position will bring eyes upon me and the pressure and expectations will start to grow, I don't really know if I have the appetite or abilities for it yet. Also, this meant that I will be stuck in the Banking Industry for a long long time, any move elsewhere, would simply meant a huge pay-cut. I've yet figured out what I wanna do so I was happy bumming around, but with this...

Still why did I agree? Since it's come to this point, where it's more or less decided, I'll just sway towards where the wind blows, chinese proverbs has it that "The boat will remain stable once it reaches the shore" or "船到桥头自然值" Just let it flow, don't over-think about it.

Everyone has been saying that they need me and I should just squeeze every ounce of liquid gold from them as much as I can. I can't, I simply cannot, for every dollar you paid for my efforts, I will make sure you get every cent worth and even more, to ask for the sky would meant that I needed to live up to it. I'm still/only 27, I need/needn't step up, yet?



Life's about choices, let me make mine and live by mine ok ((:

The prophecy also has it that I will be posted overseas, which I can't seem to see how so, perhaps after August, when all's stable, then I will get sent over to Florida to work on a STA (Short Term Assignment) OR I may get a job at Liverpool, that would be AWESOME !!!

Next part of the forecast is that I should start a business should there be a chance, and why not? Ms Tracy Ma has gotten me into her Stationery Biz and I'm all set and ready to go, considering my time as a coordinator with multiple corporates and institutions, indenting stationery thus I would already have some details on how it works in Singapore. Awaiting the catalog before I do some forecast and demographics into the biz viability etc.

So, that's just me and my dream for 2014 would be for life to go on smoothly and keep it simple, I'm already satisfied and enjoying much of mine now, all I have to do is to complete my degree and let the rest flow ~ 


SJ signing out ~ kekeke~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat