Skip to main content

Longest flight of my life... so far.

On 20th October 2015, I left work promptly at 1800hrs, went home and prepare for the flight of my life. It was no joke.

Trip 1: SG -> KOR Incheon 6hrs 20mins.

Even though I checked in like 2hrs prior, I still couldn't get aisle seat, instead was smack in-between 2 grown man. I had to NOT sleep for this trip so that I can adjust to Canada's 12hrs time difference, it was ... I'm glad it was over after 3 movies which I barely completed, nodding off here and there.

Took 1.5hrs nap at Incheon like the pic above before the longest flight of my life begins.

Trip 2: KOR -> Toronto Pearson Int' 13hrs 5mins.

Aisle seats FTW !!! but my luck ran out as an ahjumma was next to me, though the middle seat was suppose to be empty and we are suppose to SHARE, mid-flight she was basically horizontal and tucked in happily and kick me time to time while I was suppose to sleep =\ . Still i managed to doze in and out of lalaland then. Finally the total ridiculous flight time of 19hrs 35mins excluding 3.5hrs of transit time ended, I'm here, half away around the world !!!!


Noticed many Koreans are citizen while going thru customs, many of them barely speak few words of English I wondered how are citizenship handed out. Never mind that, I was next thru to customs, it was a serious affair, custom officer ensuring no people cross the line while waiting for their turns, filled up their forms complete so that the process will be hassle-free.



When it was my turn, the custom officer asked if I was on biz or vacation, and after 10 days what will I be doing. I was like, "I'm headed back home to Singapore" but my mind was saying "maybe i'll file for citizenship after meeting a rich and nice Canadian girl within 10 days".

Searching for duty free before I found out there isn't any and I saw Lawrence and Tracy waving to me ~ god that felt so good, I'm here like finally !!! It's been years since I last met Tracy, even longer for Lawrence and Patrick. They brought along a jacket just in case I didn't have any, it was 13degrees outside so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine and when I stepped out of the terminal, woah ~ so this is how falls feel like, absolutely SJ territory, Lawrence asked if I like the air, I nodded and he handed me something I really needed, a stick.

And that was how my best vacation started...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat