Skip to main content

梦想,理想 // dreams, aspirations . . .

As i aged, i understand how the world functions, the more you know, the more afraid you become, then you become like them and then you try to wrestle with your subconscious against the foundation of your own values and beliefs. You will eventually come to a crossroads where you have to choose, your dreams vs being success

 
Well the whole world knew what I chose, definitely the latter. Maybe partly influenced by the reason we broke up, I was deem a unmotivated and someone who lacks ambition, you never said it but I could tell. Maybe then that was why I chose money, of course having a Dad struggling to pay his own bills and only relying on my mother's savings had a huge part to play on my decision but hey... we are all given choices so do not put any blame on circumstances or lack of support but yourself.

On a hot and lazy Friday afternoon, I had tea-break with my new work buddy, boss call in sick so I'm on my own and I queried on his route to where his is today. Truth is just like the above, we all choose to pick something practical and tangible over our dreams, so did he, it was safe,  his dream of becoming a doctor was too far-fetched, clearly he would have failed the interview, not with his lack of academic qualifications but his lack of connections.



So being through hell, do i wanna let my kids go through what i did?? People often ask what can Canada give you that Singapore can't?? My answer as straightforward, possibilities... For one the country is massive, they have huge market for any and everything, professional sport clubs, renowned art galleries, massive musical halls. You literally would be able to become who you want to be, in any case you can even go down to New York, 5hrs drive for an interview should you wanna be some big shot in a suit and tie.. And then this chap came to mind.



took him awhile to get used to me, understands the whole social hierarchy system, exploits it and live his life to the fullest, at a tender age of 16months? He would have no problem with the world, 2 amazing sisters to guide and nature him, he'd probably eat the world for lunch.

Then came dinner with my ex colleagues, a dinner topic came down on concerts held at the SG indoor stadium instead of the national stadium. I applaud the organizers for not allow concerts to be held at the national stadium because, ever since the stadium was rebuilt EVEN OUR NATIONAL DAY PARADE was not held there, WHY? it's way too expensive. They once turn away the rugby 6 competition for a Jay Chou concert which is a clear indication of solely for profit.

This guy, Msian citizen, Aussie and SG permanent resident said this...

"That is how it should be isn't it, whoever racks in most income should be able to use the facilities, that's the reality isn't it, that's how the world goes around, money makes the world goes round"

Disgusted I said "Love makes the world goes round not money Jem" and he replied "Love? so you gonna pay this meal with love?"

"So this is the kinda world you want your kids to grow up in?"

And it was getting loud and personal, another friend stopped the conversation. I left it.

This is the same guy that said Singapore would be dead without foreign talents and that I do not understand economics when I was talking about the crazy white paper increasing SG's population to 6.9million.

He is not wrong, he isn't... at least by the world's judgement, easily S$120k a year, living in a S$4million house, ex CFO of a start up and currently a regional finance controller, how can such a successful dood he be wrong. I meant it when I said he isn't wrong, not in the moral sense, moral doesn't make cents so...


This is the kind of negativity I want to escape from, where the rich and powerful only cares about how to increase wealth and authority to further reestablish their status but amidst these "successes", they would not help the less fortunate.

And build this awesome, self sustaining home, away from the city, the noise, the "glam" and facade of "$$$$$". The design would be a cross between the 2, definitely higher ceiling of at least 4.5metres for the first floor and my master should have nothing obstructing my view except tress and the sky.

 



I know noona felt my expectations with Canada's way too high than how realistically it is and I do not disagree. The whole world is changing and people are changing and you can't stop it, I know what to expect, at least i feel maybe i could live a lot "simpler" life away from Singapore. All I can say is that it can't be worst than how or where I am right now... suffocating. With the only trade-off S$$$$, thank god for my sister, I can irresponsibly leave the whole family with her and not worry much about my parent's expenses, but they don't really need much, my mom saved a bit, my dad has the gov feeding him, the house is paid off... nothing much to worry though.

I dream a dream . . . I'm visualizing from 2020 onwards a challenging 10 years and I will achieve this inner peace and live a cleaner, healthier life for the last 20 years of my life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat