Skip to main content

Mopped up May and June's JUDGEMENT !!!

Didn't post any shitz in May because I was too busy at work. My buddy came into the bank and I had to show him the ropes around, fight with external people and trip internally by our own "civil war". Somehow I managed to survive.



The friend is into his 2nd month and I have been quite harsh on him because it's my reputation on the line that I brought him in, he got a promotion in corporate title, increase in base pay and will be getting some nice bonus next year too.

How harsh had i been? To a point where our manager had to private message me to check if that is the "normalcy" tone or language my friend is used to me talking to. Opps?

My boss explained his views and I did so with mine, we agree to disagree and then moved on.

It's a very beautiful affair to have such an understanding boss, he checks on each and every one of us to ensure we are doing OK every day. He thank us specifically for our efforts on each and every chore he entrusted us with, respect our differences and explains to us his views, expectations and potential challenges that we may face.

Due to the nature of our role, as well as the culture of a Japanese Bank, every action, word and tone needs to be well thought out before communicating to anyone, internally or externally. I've been with the bank for 8 months and I'm so affected to the point where I begin to question every question before I answer them, I get so frustrated by people who do not answer a question and instead answer some thing else.



The people, the work, together with the culture made me realized I'm so much more, and I grew infinitely each and every day. I am thankful that I left the comfort zone that I was in and took that leap of faith that I so need to.

June came, it's time of the year !!!!!! WOO HOOOO ! I CAN'T GET ANY LESSER BONUS THAT I COULD at my previous place. A measly 2%. I've been in the bank for exactly 6 mths so I am entitled to 1/2 year's of remuneration. It's not the most but I get to know some benchmark of my full year's $$$ next year.

Increment of: $150.00 approx 2% after pro-rating
Bonus of S$9,000.00  approx 1.25 months after pro-rating

Average increment for non-promotion year varies from 3 - 5% and bonus varies from 2.3 - 2.8months for average performers

WHICH MEANS I AM slightly below par.


I'm not sad nor angry because I dug my own grave when I stepped on the toes of the CFO's right hand man and stood on the CFO's arch-nemesis side during some discussion. But I did so by assessing the situation without any bias-ness and provide the most well informed views and decisions. So they can shaft the additional 3/4 to 1.5 months up their ass, I ain't that cheap!!

Tax will be so damn painful considering I'll be well above the 100k / annum mark, bracing for impact. Let's see if I can drop by Markham this year, soft booked but it may be during the #blackout #period stipulated by the CFO....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat