Skip to main content

A meal with the not so lucky ~

Everytime I had dinner @ this make shift coffee shop bside BoonLay interchange, often I'd have this strange feeling of feeling contented and stuffs. I'd call it a house of content ~ or a coffee shop of "re-construction"

I joined the que with many Blangladesh and PRC people for the mixed vege rice. Often I'd order 4 dishes but when I'm there I go for 2 vege and a meat ~ The same today I had 2 vege and curry chicken. A fair portion of vege of each and a quite small portion of; 1/3 drumstick + 1/2 tigh and a small piece of potato. $3 says the cashier I paid and left for the seats. Often than not, i'd happily eat my food instead I thought woah $3 ? it's quite expensive man.

The lady who serve us the dishes, well a foreigner herself, at times the portions were genourous ~ the most I've recieved was 1 full drumstick and half a piece of tigh~ 2 person before me que-ed for 2 packet of rice. 1st packet with 1 vege and curry chicken, the next one with 2 vege and an egg. Quite humble for 2 workers ? I bet the price set in. The next one was pathetic ~ just rice with curry chicken. Many times I notice the lady would give additional portions but this time she didn't as the chicken was running out ~ Inorder to keep selling her stuffs, she must have enough vege and meat to serve out so I guess she's trying to save it for the latter crowd ? Poor guy ? I mean after a day's work all you have is 2 small pieces of meat and a potato with some gravy and rice.

As I sat down I think ; If ever I were a construction site engineer, incharge of a pool of workers. I'd just buy them lunch or dinner. I mean, on average THEY earn $20 for 12hrs of work, 6days/week @ $500/mth at most. Send half of it back to their families and they've about $200 to use. $200/mth ? I had that when I was in sec 4 using it on a 5 day week basis ? Divide the $200 for a 28 day month or even 30 day ~ he barely can spend $6 on 3 meals. A cup of coffee or tea seems like a splurge of a cup of bubble tea @ $2.50 or probably a sec school boi wanting a cup of Ice Mocha @ Coffee Beans. $2 on average a meal teach me how to survive in Singapore, what about transport ? I bet they can't have the RIGHT to being sick. People say how singaporeans suffered in the past. I'd ask HOW are THEY suffering now, right infront of our eyes. . . When many say they stink, smell and are errie.

I dunnoe if soap and shampoo was considered a necessity ~ a girlfriend never seem possible ? Guys by nature are attracted by the beauty sex appeal and personal fetishes to every single individual gurl ? Who are they to be blamed to be deprived ~ that does NOT give them reasons to raping or molesting definately BUT how our society view them as the "untouchables" "3rd Class citizens " or Banglas ( often a local slangg for coolies / slaves ) I'm not trying to single out any of you friends out there but trying to make myself aware that I must never be a racist nor any dimwit who just pinpoint @ anyone and spit out comments that are ... unecessary ?

My heart sank and I search my heart. It went straight to my house my room. With all the shits I have I never stop asking for more, gadgets to watches to car ? What the hell is wrong with me. Right now God strucked my mind, humans evolve ~ to search for the better, to change for the better. To create to allow humans to survive, the never ending search for perfection;something that never exists. IS the source to keep humans living. SO me, myself am I right to search for such a luxurious life. . . to keep envious eyes on me and my kids infuture? to waste money so that to prove I'm actually successful. Then again LKY said " Money cycle ? if the rich splurge, the poor gain and den the poor spend and the poorer gain, its a cycle". OR i can be contented with a net gross household pay of about $4000. A humble 4room flat with no car. Kids with TVs and no SCV. Simple furniture a nice PC for everyone to use. A watch just to keep track of time and a pair of sneakers to make sure my feet is protected. . .

I guess emotions just sat in and yeap, it took a hell out of me ~ Trying to be succuessful... rich ain't wrong. How we use that money and teach our kids to learn what is money will differ those who deserves to earn that money.

A thin film of paper between the right and wrong. OR is there actually right or wrong ?

An emo entry by SJ Productions. 11th June 2007 @ 2111hrs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat