Skip to main content

slacker lim


Attempted to google  for pictures like I always do and... this came up, 99% SJ, excluding the fats ^^

Actually was on-route to our (Dad and mine) bi-weekly Lions XII game @ the Jalan Besar stadium, caught up with the topic on owning a car. The usual father and son topics, cars, footie, tech stuff ~ Then I began to wonder, like how can someone afford a Porsche? A brand new Cayenne or a 911 cost about 280k - 400k depending on the model and edition, FYI you can own it for only 10years.

Something struck me, I haven't been working hard at all ---> school definitely. I work hard at work, I play hardest, and I even eat hard ^^ and slept hard. The usual Korean drama often showcase how the poor worked their ass off with their ridiculous 12 work hours and 6 hours of school excluding transportation and sleep, which simply meant they usually get 4 hours of sleep. It seemed pretty real, just looked at how much sleep our girls had in the early 2007/2008 period. And, in ridiculous competitive countries like Japan and Korea, (evidently in how the kid killed the mom because he feared she'll kill him knowing he did 2000th places out of the whole nation), academic inclination does not guarantee great future. It's about who you know, or who your father know, best would be who your father is.

At least now, for me, so long as I work hard, I might, I just might be able to go that far to own a car, not a Porsche though.


 If you've watched City Hunter, you've noticed this unique hatchback by Hyundai. It's the Veloster, 1.6litre 6speed Automatic Turbo. Sad that do not provide the manual version, then again, I'd be able to hold your hand and drive at the same time *keke*

USD24,000/- on Hyunda's official site
SGD128,000 on Komocco site ( Hyundai's authorize Singapore retailer )

*wink wink*

Let the obsessive number guru *vomits* share with you the numbers

3 room flat (resale): $300,000 min (you have to be min. 35yrs old)
1.6litre car: $120,000 min.

Monthly commitment
House: $1,200 (including a 10% downpayment and all interest on a 25year loan)
Car: $1,600 ( after a 50% downpayment on a 6year loan with 2.28% interest including roadtax / insurance / season parking / ERP / petrol)
Utility bills: $250 (electricity & gas)
Total fix cost: $3,050

With the wiz calculation on such fix cost should not take up more than 45% of your income in order for you to be living up to the "pay-range" you should be. The gross salary should be $7,000 mthly EXCLUDING the tax you've to pay.

Annual income of 55k set you back about 1,200 in tax a year. So looking at things like that, after CPF contribution and the fixed cost, you'd be left with $3,000 for food, cloth, bills and allowances to your wife, kids and parents.

So effectively what I'm trying to say is, if I can't get a salary of $8,500/month, I simply cannot AFFORD to get married.

Oh well marriage is for later. Time to start studying keke ^^






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat