Skip to main content

1st world country

I forgot what I wanted to blog on Sunday, blah !! Anyways I went for a CSR session today, also known as Corporate Social Responsibility. It's a huge deal for big Corporate in Singapore as they try to repay back to society yet in the nutshell, it's just branded.

Food from the Heart is the Charity organization DB is associated with and earlier this year, there was another event collecting food with the tag line

"Who can survive on the diet of hope"

Fairly eye-catching and meaningful so I decided to sign up. We were tasked to pack and deliver food stuff to the less fortunate who are living in 1 BR apartment. One can never realize how bad living conditions can be, pee stench floating around the void deck, stall air without ventilation on the narrow walk way. As we knocked we managed to meet some of the elderly and then, 2 kids opened up their doors....

A girl barely 10 and a boy younger came to meet us.

Oh... my god..

I couldn't believe how kids can live under such under-privileged conditions in our 1st world country. If I'm talking about how costly Singapore is, what about them?
If I'm hating eating preserved canned food what about them
If I'm complaining about Fast Food like Macs... what about them
If I'm suffering from eating so much junk, what about them?

I had a choice, I chose my diet, but they don't. Human beings should not and never be deprived of fresh food, not in Singapore definitely.

But of course, I barely spent an hour there and I do not know what's going on.

Most of the time i refuse to volunteer because I get so depressed. The last time I could remember was with Singapore Polytechnic, the granny spent so much time talking to me and refusing to let me go home was when I started to really dislike volunteering and just merely started doing labor work like packing or cooking or just donating.

Truth is we all can't fight this alone, only together we can help the less fortunate.



I'm still feeling quite torn apart, a part of me know it's good to help, a part of me just feel so helpless to know, powerless to change... so i donate quite a fair bit yet I know $$ doesn't solve many things..

Ignorance is bliss - godsend?

Where's god.

Not mocking god or any religion but seriously???


To me... the biggest bull...
Just not a very good day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat