Skip to main content

Living .



What are "facts" "values" "right" "real" about life, about us being "humans" truly meant really living or really suffering?

Recently we met up with an "ex" colleague, she was gone before I was there, but the old and current gang hit it off so we continue to have lunches and "auntie" sessions complaining about work, life, husbands, wives, kids, school . . .

Last Thursday was the result day for the PSLE Primary School Leaving Examination, the 1st dreaded "elimination" round of any youths. At the tender age of 12, they fight tooth and nail to enter the best possible secondary school there can be in Singapore

***1st pressure test is in Primary 4, 10 years of age, where they are "streamed" or "sorted" based on academic level into EM1 EM2 and EM3, 1 being the best and then...



So, the eldest daughter of our dear friend was due to collect her result and boy did she score an awesome score of 259/300. That's an average of 85 marks upon 100 and pretty much guarantees you into the top 20 schools in Singapore. Secondary level is sorted into Express, Normal Academic and Normal Technical Stream, needless to say which is the best. AND the elites are sorted into SAP schools who had direct entry into their affiliated high school.

Mom wasn't pleased at all, I was flabbergasted... until I realized  her average in her time was 27?... basically she was like the top 0.20% of her entire cohort. I totally understood why she had expectations but let's be honest here, education  level has increased exponentially with ridiculous tuition schools and enrichment class AIMED at students who wish to SCORE. Let me reiterate, they do not teach kids to learn, but to simply ace the exams. #period. And her daughter isn't even on any one of those lessons, play games like mad and still manages to do so well, what more can any parent ask for?

I never ever understood why parents love to bestow their own dreams upon their children, they give birth to life, yes to replace humanity but not to replace them for their own selfish reasons. I am not saying she is, I am a person who had always been quick to judge and most of the time i am wrong but she sorta gave off some vibes... or because her daughter didn't do better than the other colleague's daughter.

FYI, my dad would've bought me a real car there and then if I scored that marks.

Results NEVER guarantee success, however they put your starting line ahead of others, and if you must know, life only begins when you start working, and for majority of non Singaporeans, that is at 23-24 years of age, you still have 3/4 of the way to go.



Of course Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Lance Armstrong, Jack Ma, Mark Zuckerberg  and Bill Gates would beg to differ. And I will gallantly accept defeat because had they been a slouch like me, we would probably be much backwards, lives would've been lost so are dreams.

But like any forces, when you apply a force in any direction, there will always be an equal and opposite force countering as well, there's no guarentee that life would be better or worst off for EVERYONE but in any paradigm shift, like any Financial Crisis, there are losers and then there are winners. . .

And if the above holds true, what do we do? What gives us the right to choose? TNT was initially created to move mountains, today TNT are used to cast fear into humans, threaten religion and the list goes . . .



Pardon me for my oxymoronic post, I am on the slightly extreme end of the unrealistic and fantasy driven of a Pisces, building sand castles and dream of the fairy tale ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't believe I actually took time to update and maintain our YEI Forum. Never knew I could be this crazy, but I know 1 thing for sure, it's never too late to start? But I'm really, growing too old for this. Ye Eun simply gorgeous! Credit: yeeun-impact.net / yeeun.wordpress.com And I blew up during dinner...
While caking, someone pop right into my head. Anyway, my top strength is: 1. Ideation: loves associating and providing ideas 2. Command: leadership, loves to put his ideas through 3. Futurist: star-trek 4. Individualisation: view individual base on strength weakness, not stereotyping 5. Learner: keen to learn In short, I'm a futuristic creative open commander! Sounds awesome eh? Strength Finder 2.0 is a book that only concentrate on strengths ($39.00) zero about weaknesses so all you hear are good stuff. ======= Individualisation Anyway back to my caking session. Mr Ibrahim, came to my mind. He was quite a good looking Indian back in my primary school days. I've always tried to protect him though I admit to join in bullying him once in a while. Sometimes he'd come to me "begging" to help him or lend him money with his hands in "praying mode". I took pity of him ever since he did that once and when he told me "All i got is 40cents a day and they sto

The Pioneer LX55 Bluray Player Review

Pioneer Corporations, once the leading company for Home Theatre Systems, Display and Optical players, began to falter when the likes of Samsung, LG, Sharp etc came into picture with lower end products for the mass consumer. Pioneer, who steer clear form the niche market, producing high end products, fell to it's knees, withdrawing from the TVs market and started a joint venture with Sharp, resulted in absolute catastrophe. Pioneer fanboys nicknamed the products "Sharpioneer" A bold direction, right or wrong, there's too much points to take, although myself would 200% standby their decision to continue with making highend products previously, even though they failed eventually. Anyhow, ever since that catastrophic "Sharpioneer" released, tons of consumers ditched their players within days of purchases, the management finally woke the FUCK UP. Director Product Planning and Marketing Pioneer USA, Chris Walker started visiting multiple online forums, gat